Posted by : ENCUnited Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 15  

Contend for me,
my God and Lord
Psalm 35:23


"God loves it when we fight for Him. But God loves it even more when we let Him fight for us! How do we do that? When we hit our knees, God extends his mighty right hand on our behalf. When we pray, He fights our battles for us. so keep fighting the good fight, but let god fight for you.
prayer is the way we let go and let god. prayer is the way we take our hands off and let god put his hands on. prayer is the difference between you fighting for god and god fighting for you. "


Contend Lord with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me...
Awake, and rise to my defense!
Contend for me, my God and Lord.


"It is important for us to have people in our lives who can speak words of rebuke and exhortation. But they will typically be someone with whom we have a relationship. When discerning whether to respond to criticism, I try to discern the spirit of the person doing the criticizing. Is the purpose redemptive or vindictive? And I just put the criticism through the filter of scripture. If it passes through the filter, then I need to repent. If it doesn't, then I don't let it pierce my heart. And I let God defend and contend on my behalf."
Mark Batterson-Draw the Circle

This off season, we are going to need a team that is willing to do something that has not been done yet-put a lot of our issues through the "filter of scripture".  I believe we have clearly defined what we want our program to be like both on and off the field (our vision). This theme of being "ALL IN" is not just about our performance on the field. It also involves our spiritual lives and our academic lives. It all starts with the right relationships. We have to want the best for each other. We have to be able to challenge each other and we have to be able discipline each other. That is the definition of a team with a vision. Once again, if you are in, you are all in.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Kopion 2016 -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -