Posted by : ENCUnited Thursday, June 12, 2014


Sophomore GK Nick Hopkins
"As we approach the 2014 soccer season, I continue to get more excited about it. I love what Coach Bell is bringing to the table for the “new” season as Reid also talked about. Another common theme for the team is about being “All-In”. I love this idea because it contributes to every aspect of our lives. It goes towards how we represent ourselves on and off the field, how hard we want to work to become better soccer players and the growth in our relationship with Christ, not only as a individuals but as a team. In Batterson’s book All-In, Batterson writes that “it’s not until we go all in with God that we discover that true joy is only found on the sacrificial side of life.” I believe this statement means that we can have everything in the world, win every soccer game, win conference and nationals but still not receive true joy. As much as our team may want this, Jesus Christ is our true joy. I love how inspired Coach Bell and Chip Huber are about being “All-In”. I am excited to see this team grow through Christ and in Christ. Looking ahead I see great things for this team and a great outcome because when we dive in to go “All-In”, the work is that much harder but is much more rewarding. I am happy to see this team put Christ in the center and work hard to improve our abilities on the field. "

Sophomore Defender Eric Hamilton
"I hope that the summer is going well for everyone. I have been in Chicago for a little over a month now playing with the Bridges FC program that takes kids over to Europe to play. It has been a good and humbling experience but it has taught me a lot. The coaches there have told me that I am currently the first alternate for this year’s trip, meaning that if anyone were to get injured or for some reason can’t go, I would be one of the first people they look to call up. I personally think it is a great achievement seeing as I am one of the only kids that are under 20 years old here. So hopefully I am setting myself up for next year’s trip. But one thing is for sure it is making me more and more excited for the upcoming season that could have the potential to be one of the best in school history. While I have been playing here I have been blessed to learn under these coaches that emphasize toughness and hard work. I just want to summarize what I have learned from them and share with you to hopefully keep in mind as we look towards the intense summer training and bringing back our identity as one of the hardest working teams in the conference.

Let me first start off by saying PAIN IS TEMPORARY! It may last for a minute, or an hour, or a day, or even a year. But eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If you quit however, it will last forever. This generation of players is so soft. We always have a desire to know what is the most success a person can have with doing the least amount of work. I dare you to take a little pain. I DARE YOU! I dare you not to take the easy way out and quit. Too many people say “I’m starting to feel uncomfortable, I don’t want to push myself any farther.” Go through it!  At the end of pain is success.  After seeing these players here compete and looking back to our team I can say that most of you say you want to be successful but YOU DON’T WANT IT BAD, YOU JUST KINDA WANT IT. We have the opportunity to make our goals become a reality and almost all of us are too afraid to step outside our comfort zone and sacrifice our personal comfort for our team. So I just challenge you this summer to keep this in mind as you are going through a tough workout or if you are feeling like giving up. God has special plans for this team but do you believe in yourself and your teammates enough to make this potentially great team into a reality? I look forward to the day we move in and to unravel the unlimited potential that this team has with all of the talent that is coming in come preseason time."

“Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last”
- Hamilton Holt

“There is nothing wrong with dreaming big dreams, just know that all roads that lead to success have to pass through Hardwork Boulevard at some point.” 
- Eric Thomas

“The most important thing is this: to be able at any moment - sacrifice what you are, for what you will become!” –Eric Thomas

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Kopion 2016 -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -