Posted by : ENCUnited Monday, June 24, 2013


Just read this post by Donald Miller. This should be our list, with a couple of simple changes.
Here is the link to the post
http://storylineblog.com/2013/06/24/a-working-tangible-definition-of-integrity/


I’ve heard the word integrity thrown around a great deal, but I’ve never had a working definition. The word itself has become vague and mostly makes me confused or just creates light feelings of guilt.
But not anymore.
Recently, a therapist asked me to write a few lines about what integrity means to me. I found the exercise helpful. I thought you might find it helpful, too.
In ten short minutes I created a working, tangible definition that changes the way I live. I now know whether I have integrity or not from day to day.
This is not a universal definition. That’s something else. These characteristics are specifically for me. I now think of them as guardrails.
Here’s my list:
Don has integrity when he:
    1. Doesn’t promise more than he can deliver.
    2. Stands in the authority God has given him.
    3. Consistently contributes something positive to the world.
    4. Accepts the idea that to much has been given much is expected.
    5. Allows God and trusted others to correct his path.
    6. Follows through on agreed upon tasks.
    7. Acknowledges God as his leader and Jesus as his friend.
    8. Keeps work and family in balance.
    9. Always keeps love at the core of his interactions with other people.
    10. Does not default to a victim mindset, but takes responsibility for what can be done.
    11. Does not people please.
    12. Sees people as the lost or tarnished masterpieces of Christ.
    13. Is strong.
    14. Is faithful to teammates.
    15. Is true to his creative calling.
    • • •
    This list may grow, but I find reflecting on it in its current state strengthens me and gives me a sense of internal direction. I’m going to print this out and carry it in my wallet and even put it in a small frame and place it on my desk.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Kopion 2016 -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -