Posted by : ENCUnited Monday, June 24, 2013


I was asked by Coach Bell to write a little something about my thoughts for this upcoming season in regards to goals/challenges for our team.  Entering into my final season I had the privilege to play with great players like Zac Tolsma, Isaac G., Stanko, and so on.  My biggest concern at this point is our standard as a team is going to be lowered.  I feel as if there is a mindset of "Oh, whew the seniors are gone now so I have a little more freedom to do my own thing."  The reason for all the yelling and correcting is they saw something wrong with the way we were playing and it wasn't what Coach Bell had taught us to do.  Last year's group of guys bought into every word Coach Bell said and that is what won us 2 WHAC Chamionships in a row.  My biggest concern is that we are going to be soft.  Last year, I had to worry about not letting down the 7 - 8 seniors on the field that had put 4 years of their lives into this program and now that pressure is gone - which is a bad thing.  We need some form of pressure/concern that all of us as a team are willing to die for.  Especially for the freshmen coming in, we don't have the big body presence of a Pipe, Stanko, or Brice.  The freshmen can't have that experience what each and every one of us have already had playing for Cornerstone University.  They know nothing about what Kopion means (yet).  So this is what I view our biggest challenge as a team lies in not lowering the standard set before us.  However, I believe everyone on the team has something to offer to the program and have the power to make this year a shocking one.  Other teams and spectators can look at our roster and our stats and expect us to go nowhere.  But I believe if we all find our roles and give it everything we have coming into this preseason, we can get another WHAC title and go even farther than last year.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Kopion 2016 -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -