Posted by : ENCUnited Monday, June 17, 2013

Here are Richard's thoughts for the upcoming 2013 season.

"This is my senior year here at cornerstone and my last chance to have an impact on this program I would like to share my thoughts, goals and challenges for team with you so we as a team can keep moving forward in the right direction. This is not a lecture but simply a means of contemplation and encouragement. I have learned much from my teammates in the past three years such as, hard work pays off. This work ethic that they have instilled in me I will do my best to pass on to you. The work ethic that I am talking about is more than just our workouts which is very important but participation and communication as a team. The way our program will begin to grow is by having a good influence in our community. In the past coach Bell used foundational principles and continued to remind us of the first principle which was "The Right Person." The right person is someone that puts the program first and takes pride in being part of this team. He is willing to make sacrifices for the team and disciplines himself. This is what coach refers to as "zero bad apples."
            When I arrived three years ago I had no idea what I was in for. I had come from literally thousands of miles to play for a school I had never seen, and play for coaches that I had never talked to except through email. It was not easy to leave everything I knew but I learned to depend on the soccer team and cope with this new world. I left my family and found a new one in my teammates. I still depend on many of my teammates and consider them to be some of my closest friends. This being said our team should be there for each other. 
             This season is said by many to be a rebuilding year. Whether it is or not, the expectations for this season should only increase. The past two years we have been the regular season champs, lets make it three seasons in a row. Lets take the next step and win the NAIA tournament.Night of Nets has grown so much but we can make it bigger.
           My final thoughts are that no matter what, we are in this together. The summer workouts and the time we set aside to improve are game is all part of these goals. "Hard work pays off" No one can challenge you better than yourself. You are solely responsible for yourself and that means you can become "The Right Person" if you want to be." 

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Kopion 2016 -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -