Posted by : ENCUnited Friday, June 21, 2013



As I reminisce on the last couple of years, all I can do is smile. Not only because of the success we had but because we bought in to a system, a work ethic and we all sacrificed for a common goal. We were no where close to being perfect and at times we seemed to do more harm than good. Nonetheless, I cherish every moment. I believe our team started to improve exponentially when we started to understand how PRIVILEGED we truly were. Some of us (myself especially) came to Cornerstone thinking they were God's gift to soccer and I wanted nothing to do with the team. This was a selfish outlook. I think we started to understand that our team and time together was bigger than all of us. We started to realize that within those 4 years, we had an opportunity to make an impact, to change the culture and to win a championship. We were privileged to have coaches and the players come together to form a bond that could never be broken. We treated our team in this matter. We were lucky to be with each other and we were fortunate to enjoy each other the way we did. As I look at this team and this upcoming season, I am anxious to see how God works in all of our lives. I am anxious to see who understands how privileged we are and who makes the most of their time here at CU because it goes by way to quickly. My closing remarks would be to all of those who feel entitled to a championship or entitled to a starting spot or making the roster. I would tell these people to truly reflect on the blessings and opportunities. How are you making your neighbor better? How can you make this season a positive experience? Some of us have wasted enough time wandering down a road of selfishness, stupidity and self-pity. We have an opportunity (just like the seniors who have graduated) to make the most of our time at CU. To enjoy each other, to cherish each practice and to have delight in knowing that we have brothers who will always have our best interest at heart. Let us not waste it.
Jordan

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Kopion 2016 -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -