Posted by : ENCUnited Friday, July 26, 2013



Fellas,

Thank you for the prayers while I was in Haiti. It was the most incredible experience of my life thus. I had been on a mission trip before, but not one like this where I spent all my time with kids and building relationships with them.

I could write about my trip for pages and pages, but I will just share a few of the highlights. 

By far the coolest moment of the trip for me was getting to meet the child my family sponsors. His name is Exuma. Getting to spend time with him was the best. Even though neither of us knew each others language we were having a blast swimming in the lake one of the days. He had the biggest smile on his face and it was a rare moment in life where I actually experienced pure joy. It was tough saying goodbye to him.

The kids were real good at soccer... and they were wearing Crocs. Apparently Crocs make your touch perfect so we all need some for this season for sure.

The food was fantastic. Haitian food is definitely my favorite food around now. Yes, even better than the CU cafeteria country fried steak. The food may have been better cause I was so hungry after playing soccer all day and only having two meals a day, but I could live off of beans, rice and chicken in Creole sauce forever. 

God taught me all sorts of things on the trip. One of them in particular was how God is inviting us each day to experience Him and choose Him. It's easy to do that on a trip like I went on and in a cool, exotic environment, but the real test is coming back home and trying to not get into a lukewarm routine and forgetting to accept that invitation each day. Making God apart of your life each and every day. 

It was more than a cool trip and I can't wait to go back. It was more than just soccer. It was about God and using soccer to connect with kids that usually wouldn't come hang around the church. I'll never forget the faces of the children asking me for food and telling me they're hungry. Hard thinking about that. Makes me think about how Jesus is the Bread of Life and Living Water that will fully satisfy.

Thank you all again for the prayers. Looking forward to coming back to Michigan and seeing everyone and playing some Futbol yeh! Also, be sure you're reading One.Life and getting all your physicals done and other paperwork to Coach so we can all participate in camp. 

Love you guys,

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Kopion 2016 -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -