Posted by : ENCUnited Monday, June 15, 2015


"The strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack."

This week's blog post was written by junior Garrett Nimmo
"I have talked some of you guys about what I’m doing this summer, but most of you probably don’t know what I’ve been up to. For those that don’t, I am interning for a pastor who is currently planting a church. I want to plant my own church one-day so this is a really cool opportunity for me to learn and to grow.
            A couple weeks ago we had a preview service for this church and I was there a few hours early to help get everything ready and set up. While I was doing this I met a guy a couple years older than me named Matt. I want to tell you guys about Matt cause he really embodied several of our foundational principles.
            The pastor I’m working for, Travis, put me in charge of some of the other volunteers to kind of direct them and figure out what needed setting up or getting ready. We needed somebody to stand outside and direct traffic in the parking lot and it was raining and it was pretty cold outside so no one really wanted to do it. Everybody I asked gave me some excuse as to why they didn’t want to do it, and then Matt came in a little late, and right away he just told me to put me in whatever area needed him. He wasn’t looking for an easier job he was just happy to be a part of the team and helping out. When I asked him to work outside he said “absolutely” and he jumped right in.
            After the service I talked to Matt and thanked him for being so willing to jump right in to it and serve. He told me he was just happy to be a part of something bigger and something that mattered. Two people gave their lives to Christ that night, and even though Matt didn’t directly have a hand in that he was so pumped to be a part of the team that made the service happen.
            I know that our team is a little different than a church, but Matt’s attitude that night is the attitude I hope we have now and next season. He was the Right PersonSupported the Mission of the Team, and showed all the volunteers what Servant Leadership looks like. He recognized that the end goal was more important than his comfort for 30 minutes. I think we just need to keep that in mind as we prepare for next season. It isn’t about us as individuals. It’s about us as a team. We need to have that attitude where we are thrilled to be working hard for each other and to meet our goals. Sometimes that’s going to make us uncomfortable, and we’re going to do things we don’t want to do, but we aren’t doing it for no reason. We are doing it to accomplish something none of us could do on our own. The Right Person understands this and is willing to work for the good of the team.

            I hope Matt’s attitude resonates with you guys the same way it did with me. We all have a role on the team, and that may or may not be the role we would like to have, but I just encourage you all to keep working hard this off season and to keep killing it in whatever role you have because if we do its going to pay off. We are so blessed to be a part of this team, and I hope we all see it that way. Let’s stay focused on reaching our goals. I miss all you guys, keep working hard."

Workouts: I want you to submit your Beep Test level from Ajax Runs and your point total for Man U runs to the captains. I will post results next week.

Visioneering: "Goals can be energizing -when you win. But a vision is more powerful than a goal. A vision is enlivening, it's spirit giving, it's the guiding force behind all great human endeavors. Vision is about shared energy, a sense of awe, a sense of possibility." 
Benjamin Zander

I am not a huge Basketball fan but I have to say that I have enjoyed watching Stephen Curry and the Warriors play in the NBA playoffs. Here is a great article on him and vision.  Coach Bell

"In a recent question and answer session for the Under Armour shoe, the Christian NBA All-Star with a jersey that is only being outsold by that of the NBA's Lebron James, spoke about the meaning of the tagline.

"Charged by Belief has a lot of meaning," Curry said, according to Rapzilla reports. "It matches with the Under Armour story, being an underdog and having to build from the ground up, and the belief [Under Armour CEO] Kevin Plank had in his vision. It's also about my faith and the belief in my game despite what other people might say."

During the Q&A session, Curry spoke in detail about his faith after one member of the media questioned him about the meaning of the 4:13 that he made sure was placed at the bottom of some of the sneakers' tongues. Inside the tongue reads, "I can do all things," which comes from Philippians 4:13 which states,"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (KJV)."Curry spoke about his idea to include the phrase in his first signature shoe for Under Armour.

"It represents a Bible verse I wear on my shoe," Curry told the media, according to Rapzilla reports. "Philippians 4:13. It says 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.' It's also my mantra, how I get up for games and why I play the way I do."

Lace tips on Curry's signature shoe also feature some of his other mantras such as "LEAD" and "MMTB" which stands for "Make My Team Better."

"It's part of my DNA ... who I am," Curry said. "To have that come out in my vision for my first shoe is special."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/stephen-currys-new-basketball-sneaker-features-bible-verse-133582/#iwy4Iuyeh3owLHef.99
I do a little sign on the court every time I make a shot or a good pass and I pound my chest and point to the sky – it symbolizes that I have a heart for God. It’s something that my mom and I came up with in college and I do it every time I step on the floor as a reminder of who I'm playing for.


Just some friendly reminders:

  • Pre-season camp starts on August 8th for Varsity/First Team players. We will all check in at 1pm and you can move in to your rooms starting at 2pm. I will send out a finalized schedule once we get it from Admissions.
  • PLAYNAIA: Make sure to submit final transcripts and necessary paperwork. You can't participate in camp unless you are eligible
  • Physicals/SWOL: Make sure all of you complete and send in your physicals. New players must turn in Insurance information and History on SWOL. You can't participate in camp unless all of this is completed.
  • Prayers for Jon Smith (Alum and former captain) and his family. Pray specifically for Micah and that the Doctors would find answers for him during this difficult time.


Have a great week!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Kopion 2016 -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -